Have a question? Send us a message here or call/text during business hours. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Enter your name, phone number, and your reason for contacting us, and we’ll get back to you promptly. We look forward to hearing from you!
All reservation changes and cancellations are subject to a $50.00 fee. In the event you are unable to stay with us, cancellations/modifications must be made 14 days prior to your reservation to guarantee a refund. If your reservation is canceled or modified within 14 days of your reservation, you will forfeit cost of your booking. If you are concerned about Covid-19 or a potential emergency, we recommend purchasing Trip Insurance. We do not provide refunds if you decide to cancel after check-in. 14 day notice also applies to reservations made with Gift Cards. (No modifications to a reservation are permitted within the 14 days).
To guarantee your Cuyuna Cove cabin reservation, the fee of your total stay will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. Must be 21+ years old to book. You will receive an email confirmation once your reservation is complete. If you need to cancel your reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadlines listed below to receive your refund, minus a $50 cancellation or change fee (please note: the cancellation request MUST be sent from the person/email on your reservation. Requests from other persons/emails will not be honored). Text and social media notifications of cancellations are not acceptable. Cabin/Tent Reservations are NOT transferrable to another party or person. They are also non transferrable to another person OR date within the 14 days. Cabins: 14 days cancellation notice required. Notify Cuyuna Cove by 4p.m. CST 14 days before your scheduled arrival. Reservations made within the 14 day deadlines will be non-refundable. Holidays and special events may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements. Refunds not provided for illness or inclement weather. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Cabins booked on Airbnb will be held to the cancellation policy associated with that Airbnb booking. Please refer to your specific Airbnb reservation for cancellation information. Safari Tents: If booked on Airbnb, you will be held to the cancellation policy associated with that booking on Airbnb. Please refer to your Airbnb reservation for details on your cancellation policy.
Please note we are not a hotel with onsite or on-demand services. We are a small, family owned business with contactless check-in. Your stay will be self-check in (similar to an Airbnb experience), however, someone will always be onsite daily and nearby if you need anything during your stay. We are always just a phone call away as well! Please read below to ensure you abide by our max occupancy and pet rules.
The cabins are inspired from ‘tiny living’ and modern design with a small kitchenette with a sink & stocked with the basics, toilet/shower (please note, due to the smaller size of the cabins there is not an additional sink in the bathroom. It is only a few steps away in the kitchenette), queen bed, grill, patio, small table and more. They are 215 sq ft plus the private patio, full access to the grounds, fire pits and sauna. They are designed to sleep up to 2 adults comfortably. If you decide to bring up to 1 child max in the cabins, please note it will be a snug fit. 2 children are NOT allowed (4 total) in any cabin and we will ask you to leave without a refund as we are unable to go above our max occupancy allowances. We do provide a cot and the small table collapses to make room for 1 child. 1 well behaved dog is allowed with an additional pet fee but must be 50lbs or under. No puppies. The dog MUST be on your reservation or an additional fee (ontop of the pet) fee will be charged upon arrival. Please see our ‘pets’ section for full details before deciding to bring your dog.
3 of the Canvas Tents sleep 2 adults (Mahnomen, Milford and Yawkey) and the other two sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children (Portage and Rabbit). If you plan on bringing your children in Rabbit or Portage tents only, they must be over the age of 2 and under adult supervision at all times during your stay. Canvas walls do not hide noise well and we want to ensure all tent guests have a great experience. Absolutely NO pets allowed in the tents.
We are located on 3 beautiful wooded acres, however, we are not a remote forest destination. Our location was strategically chosen due to having direct access to Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area (we are bike in bike out), direct access to the paved trail, close to mine lakes and on the edge of Historic Main Street. Please remember when staying up North and in the woods there is always chance for encounters with bugs, critters (squirrels, chipmunks and yes, Black Bears live here, too!) and other wildlife interactions in and around your accommodation (especially during change of seasons and rain/humidity). You will be able to see the nearby neighborhood, bait shop and road when the leaves Fall.
Cuyuna Cove is a wonderful choice if you are looking for a unique, relaxing and adventurous getaway in Northern MN. With direct access to endless outdoor adventures, restaurants/shops/brewery on Historic Main Street and much more, it’s the perfect ‘home base’ for any adventurer (if you are looking for a remote cabin experience, Cuyuna Cove will not be the right fit for you). With over 5,500 acres of pristine wilderness at your doorstep, you’ll never run out of new experiences and adventures in any season!
We do allow 1 well behaved dog under 50lbs per cabin reservation for an additional fee of $25 per night. The reason we ask that the dog is under 50lbs is because he/she must be crated if left alone in the cabin (and large crates do not fit well). If your dog is slightly over this weight limit (max of 75lbs), we address it on a case by case basis.
Please note: If you attempt to bring your dog and he/she is NOT on the reservation you will be subject to a $200 fee in addition to the nightly pet rate. This rule also applies to bringing more than 1 dog. We hope to stay pet friendly for years to come, but in order to do so the following rules must be followed by our guests and pet owners:
• Your dog must be on the reservation and the pet fee paid prior to arrival (Pendleton wool blankets are removed from the beds for pet reservations)
• Dogs are NOT allowed on the beds (be sure to bring their favorite cozy bed with)
• Owners are required to pick up after the dog and properly dispose of the waste in the garbage bin
• Dogs must never be left alone in cabin unless secured in a crate
• Please bring a dog towel to wipe dirty feet before entering the cabin
• Dogs must be on a 6ft leash on the property at ALL times
• Dogs are not allowed to be left on the patio alone if you leave the cabin
• Dogs are not allowed in the Glamping Tents (the $200 fee plus nightly pet rate also applies to sneaking a pet or additional guests into the tents. Someone is always onsite daily so please be respectful of our policies).
If your dog is prone to barking or may chew/scratch anything in the cabin, we kindly ask that you leave them at home so we can continue to offer dog friendly accommodations. You will be charged for any damage. If your dog is barking, aggressive or disruptive to other guests we reserve the right to ask you to leave without refund.
For more information, give us a call during business hours 218-389-4087 and we’ll be happy to help answer any other questions! Thank you and we look forward to having you and your well behaved furry friend!
Yes, we do! We have a 50 mb line that is consistent at 36 mb. Upload speed is around 15mb. Guests have been working from the cabins and tents with no issues thus far.
Want to switch it up and work from a local coffee shop?
There is also an incredible coffee shop a couple blocks away called Red Raven where you can enjoy a latte, tea, espresso, beer, sandwiches, and of course all their merch and bikes!
Our property has its own private trail to the nationally ranked 55+ miles of single track, red dirt mountain bike trails. We connect directly to Yawkey and Portsmouth Trail Heads. We also connect directly to the beautiful paved trail that winds through Cuyuna Country State Recreation Area so you can enjoy several of the pristine mine lakes on your ride.
For Mountain Biking from your cabin or tent, access Haul Road for an incredibly fun and scenic Green route (Yawkey Unit, directly from Cuyuna Cove) or on Portsmouth Drag Line Blue route (also directly from Cuyuna Cove). Over 55 miles of World Class trails… right out your doorstep!
We also connect to the gravel road that leads you right to Yawkey Mine Lake. There are also endless gravel routes in Cuyuna. The adventures during every season in Cuyuna never end!
You will have access to our Outdoor Sauna, Inflatable Paddleboards & Snowshoes during your stay with us (weather permitting).
What is provided in the cabins?
4 pillows (2 are down and 2 are cotton), queen size down comforter and duvet, 1 queen size Pendleton blanket (removed for pet reservations), 2 bath towels, washcloths, hand towels, board games, reading material, organic coffee beans, coffee bean grinder, french press, salt/pepper, hot water kettle, a wine key, bottle opener, mini fridge, 2 burner stovetop, gas grill, grill utensils, microwave, toaster, basic kitchen utensils (pot, pan, cups, bowls, plates, silverware, a couple knives, coffee mugs, etc), s’more sticks for the fire pits, Public Goods shampoo/conditioner/body wash, white noise machines and more. There is an LED lantern in each cabin you can use to walk down the trails to the fire pits (we also have string lights to light the trails until about 10pm). Several board games and reading material are also waiting for you to enjoy in your cabin!
Your own secure Bike Storage Locker also comes with your cabin getaway and can store up to 3 bikes or other outdoor gear.
Any suggestions on what should I pack?
If you plan on using the cot, we have a sheets, 4 pillows and the Pendleton blanket at the foot of the queen bed for your use. Please remember the Pendleton will be removed if you have a pet on your reservation. We always recommend packing your child’s favorite blanket for the cot.
Pack your favorite food for the grill and your must have beverages! If you plan on using the sauna, pack extra towels and swimwear/athletic clothing you can wear in the sauna. We suggest packing a small cooler for ice and extra goodies (the mini fridge does not have a freezer). Bring a bluetooth speaker if you have one (we have Wifi, but no TV). Don’t forget your favorite coffee creamer (if you use creamer). Be sure to pack items for S’mores around the fire pits. We try to keep firewood bundles stocked on our property for $5 cash/bundle or if we are out, firewood can be purchased at the local Super One Grocery Store or gas stations. The kitchenette is small but you will be able to prep basic meals if needed. Or, if you don’t want to cook you can eat on Main Street just a few blocks away. Sit down or take out available.
Please pack beach towels if you plan to explore the beautiful mine lakes in the warmer months. The bath towels must stay in the cabins at all times. Pack an outdoor backpack and extra water bottles/snacks for your outdoor adventures. We recommend leaving your favorite light colored clothes at home, the red dirt here will stain them.
Plan on packing a dog towel for wiping dog feet, bug spray, sunscreen, beach chairs for the mine lakes, umbrellas, additional games if you would like and anything else you might want on a ‘camping trip’!
Pack lots of layers and hand/foot warmers for your gloves and boots so you can enjoy exploring Cuyuna for longer when it’s chilly out. Bring shoes/boots with good GRIP since it can get very slippery (especially the ramps to the cabins). We do salt but be safe! If you plan on using the sauna be sure to bring swimwear/athletic clothing you can wear in the sauna. We provide 2 towels per person per sauna use.
Canvas Glamping Tent Amenities:
Access to our custom sauna, modern shower house and 2 inflatable paddleboards per reservation
(hair dryers not provided)
Each tent has its own private fire pit with a grate for camp cooking along with grilling tools. There is an oscillating fan for warmer Summer nights (tents are shaded by trees during the day which helps) and a heated blanket for cooler Spring and Fall nights. We have limited electrical power to each tent so please keep in mind you cannot run all electric items at one time.
If you plan on using the sauna, pack extra towels and swimwear/athletic clothing you can wear in the sauna.
Your camp chairs, front patio with seating and small table, 4ft plastic camp table for outdoor cooking, access to larger community picnic tables, screened windows/entry way in the tent (can close and open for privacy), handmade hammock, queen bed, sheets, soft towels (not to leave the property), french press, hot water kettle, coffee beans (with hand grinder), wine opener, outlets for charging your phone, lighter, cutting board with knife, camp dishes (plates, bowls, silverware and coffee mugs), camp wash bin (w/Public Goods Dish soap and a compostable dish sponge to wash your dishes), noise machine for deep sleep, board games, LED vintage lantern to light the way to the shower house, bike storage in your tent, bike wash station, water station w/filtered water and more. We also provide sealed Bear Bins to safely store away your food.
Any suggestions on what I should pack?
Please bring your own comforter or blanket for the cots if you are in Portage or Rabbit Tent and have kids with you. We provide sheets for the cots.
Be sure to pack a cooler with lots of ice, beverages and your favorite food to make over your fire pit. Pack up old newspapers or bring fire starter for your fire. We provide coffee mugs, but if you want to keep your coffee hot for longer, pack up a thermal coffee mug. Pack extra cups to drink out of and of course your favorite can koozies!
Bring with lots of layers, hydration backpacks for biking/paddling/exploring, swim suits and headlamps for the evening (the tents have a low 15 watt light in the tent for ambiance along with a lantern to use but headlamps will help with evening cooking). Don’t bring any items of clothing you don’t want the red dirt to stain!
Be sure to pack bug spray, sunscreen, umbrellas and of course beach towels (1 bath towel per guest is provided and are to be used for shower use only, not to leave the property). The umbrella will be great to use on the way to the bathroom if it’s raining. Bring HARD bottomed shoes, the iron tailings can be hard/slick and sharp at times.
Don’t forget to bring the S’mores for making over the fire! We provide a lighter and we try to keep bundles of DNR approved firewood stocked on the property for $5 cash near the tents. If we are out of firewood, you may purchase bundles at the nearby gas station of Super One grocery store. There is a Fire Extinguisher and small First Aid Kit in your tent.
There is a water station on the trail you can fill up on drinking and dish water (our water is filtered and safe to drink). We also provide board games but be sure to bring any of your favorites from home and any books or items you would want on a camping trip!
We believe combining outdoor adventures (in every season) followed by a relaxing sauna experience can calm our minds and leave us feeling a sense of relief and peace from our busy lives. A nordic sauna session helps to promote relaxation, stress relief and endless other health benefits (healthier skin, reducing pain, and much more) leaving you feeling refreshed and relaxed. Our custom Redwood sauna is included when you book your getaway at Cuyuna Cove.
Sauna at Cuyuna Cove:
There are no reservations for private use.
Our sauna is self-use and self-clean which allows for a hassle-free sauna experience during your stay. As a guest, you are responsible for following the rules, turning the stove on, cleaning up after yourself (eucalyptus and cleaning supplies provided), turning the stove off and of course leaving it clean and ready for the next guests to enjoy. We do daily checks to ensure cleanliness and provide 1-2 small sauna towels per guest.
All of the sauna instructions will be in your cabin/tent and sauna when you arrive. The information will include: how to access the sauna/safety/how to use/and how to sanitize.
In order to continue to include the sauna with your stay, help us by ‘paying it forward’ and leaving the sauna better than you found it for the next guest.
“Do you have any recommendations for a photographer to have a mini photoshoot at Cuyuna Cove during my stay?”
Contact one or all of the photographers below to find availability/schedule your photo session before you arrive for your stay with us. Selfies are great, but treat yourself and let a professional capture your special moments in Cuyuna for you! Many of these photographers have already been to Cuyuna Cove and can show you some gorgeous images of couples/moments they’ve already captured here.
We love working with these amazing & talented photographers:
Name: Rana Monet
Name: Kelley Jo
Name: Stacie Marie
Name: Nicole Midwest
You’re in luck! Your hosts Kelsey and Chris live in Crosby/Cuyuna and have spent countless hours writing and designing a comprehensive, easy to use (50+ page) Local’s Guide for you to reference during your stay.
It is jam packed with amazing history about the area, beautiful photos, maps, biking routes (paved/gravel/mountain bike), hiking routes, where to drop in for paddle boarding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, and where to go/what to do on Main Street.
We want you to be able to spend less time Googling and more time out exploring the 5,000 acres of trails, mine lakes and of course Historic Main Street. Upon booking your reservation, you will be send a PDF version of the Guide so you can start planning your trip. There is also a physical copy of it in your cabin/tent for you to use during your stay.
We have an incredible location within minutes to over 15 pristine mine lakes in Cuyuna State Recreation Area as well as Serpent Lake in Crosby (which has a public beach and an incredible playground). Huntington Mine Lake also has a beach/picnic tables and bathrooms nearby. You can easily walk/bike to some of the Mine Lakes from your Cabin or Tent. Yawkey Mine Lake is a favorite just up the gravel road directly from your cabin or tent. Or hop in your car for a 3 minute drive to the main Rally Center (you can bike here from your cabin/tent on the paved trail too!). We wrote a comprehensive ‘Things to Do’ Guide and have one in every cabin to help point you in the right direction for paddling, biking, swimming, snowshoeing, skiing, etc. When you book, we will also send you link to view the guide so you can plan some things before you get here.
Rabbit and Portage Canvas Tents are our accommodations that sleep up to 2 adults and 2 children (children must be over the age of 2 for tents). 4 adults not allowed.
Our cabins are 215 square feet and they have a max occupancy of 2 adults and up to 1 child. Our tents are not pet friendly.
We are located on the North side of the historic town of Crosby, MN off of Hwy 6 just 2 hours North of Minneapolis and 2 hours Southwest from Duluth. We have direct access to the >55 miles of Cuyuna Mountain Bike trails from our location (Yawkey Unit), direct access to the paved trail, direct access to the gravel trail to Yawkey Mine lake and minutes to the other stunning mine lakes! We are only a few blocks from historic Main Street.
View Google Map Here. https://g.page/cuyunacove?share
We LOVE Winter in Cuyuna, and there is a good reason why. There are endless adventures to be had during your time here at Cuyuna Cove and you can access almost all of them right from your cabin! Be sure to cozy up in the sauna after your day outside exploring. Please CLICK HERE to read through our updated blog which contains ALL the information you’ll need regarding snowshoeing, cross country skiing, fat tire biking and HOK skiing the MTB trails (NEW!) 2 sets of adult snowshoes and 1 set of child snowshoes are included in your stay. You can rent fat tire bikes, additional snowshoes and HOK skis from both Red Raven and Cykel shops in town!
If you’re lucky enough to be staying with us for more than a few days and would like a recommendation on where to rent a boat, we suggest checking out Your Boat Club located in Crosslake for a rental. We’ve used them ourselves and had a great experience. Tell them Cuyuna Cove sent you!
We of course suggest checking out the mine lakes in Cuyuna first since they are unique to this area, are full of amazing history and are unlike any other lakes in Minnesota. They are shockingly clear, blue and deep. There are no homes on the mine lakes which creates a lovely and peaceful experience. Use the paddleboards we provide or rent a kayak from Cuyuna Outfitters here in town! Be sure to bring snorkel gear if you have it and pack a cooler for the day on the water!
Parking is limited and unfortunately we cannot accommodate more than one vehicle per booking and we do not have space for trailers or boats. We built Cuyuna Cove in the forest and our goal was to leave as many trees as possible and not to clear cut a large parking opening.
We follow strict CDC Hotel Cleaning Guidelines and use only CDC approved products along with approved masks while cleaning cabins. Please Click Here to read more about the CDC Hotel cleaning guidelines we abide by.
22642 N Hwy 6
Crosby, MN 56441
Just 2 hours North of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 2 hours Southwest of Duluth
Our Shared/Modern Bathrooms and CDC Cleaning Guidelines:
How many tents/bathrooms are there?
3 of the Canvas Tents sleep 2 people max and 2 of the tents sleep up to 2 adults + 2 children (Portage and Rabbit Tent). The shared shower house has 2 showers/2 toilets and is located closest to the tents that can sleep children (a short walk to the other tents). Trails will be lit until about 10pm.
How is the shower house indoor/outdoor?
The shower house is very unique. It is built to be seasonal so it has an indoor/outdoor inspiration with modern touches and beautiful decor. Tight screens are in each shower and bathroom to allow for fresh air (and sunlight/views!) to consistently flow through, invoking a feeling of showering outdoors along with being more sanitary.
What are the Shower House Covid guidelines?
Our shower house Covid guidelines are similar to others in the Cuyuna Rec Area: we ask that guests wear a mask if/when the state requires you to do so (except for showering, of course) and our staff will be following strict CDC guidelines. We will also provide hand sanitizer and approved CDC hand soaps. To learn more about the cleaning guidelines we follow please click here
There is an electric car charger in Crosby (just a few minute drive from Cuyuna Cove).
The address is: George H Crosby Memorial Park, 101-199 First St SE
You’ll find the charger on the corner of 1st St SE and 2nd Ave SE
We are not currently offering Gift Card sales.
If you have a Cuyuna Cove Gift Card to use, please email us and we will assist with your reservation. Your coupon code will not work on our new booking system. Thank you!
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in time is between 4PM and 9PM; check out is 11AM. Please make sure to adhere to these times. Early check-in requests are often not granted due to cleaning times.
Children must be over the age of 2 for the tents. We expect all of our guests to be respectful of their neighbors, the staff, and the surrounding property while staying at Cuyuna Cove, and for parents to keep an eye on their children at ALL times. We have a small pond on our property and parental supervision is required at all times for safety of your children. We are not responsible for any injury or death while you are on our property or during your stay with us.
Well-behaved owners may accompany their dogs for an additional fee of $25 per night, 1 dog maximum with a 50lb maximum weight. The dog MUST be on the reservation if they are to be on the grounds. Guests who plan on bringing their dog must read our Dog Policy below before checking into Cuyuna Cove or you may risk the chance of being asked to leave without a refund.
PET RULES: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: We do allow 1 well behaved dog per reservation. Puppies NOT allowed and the dog must be fully trained. They must be on the reservation and there is a $25 pet fee per night. Dogs are NOT allowed on the beds (so bring their favorite dog bed with). If your dog is over that weight limit, please message us for a case by case basis.
You will be charged an additional cleaning fee if you let your dog on the bed. You will also be charged for ANY pet damages including but not limited to: chewing, scratching the doors, glass, etc.
Your pet MUST be crated if left alone in the cabin. Please do not bring your dog if they are prone to barking. Cabins and patios are close to other guests and possibly other dogs. You will be asked to leave without a refund if your dog is aggressive or disturbing other guests. Please bring a towel for their feet for when they come back in the cabins. There will be a pick up station for you to use to pick up after your dog.
Your dog must be on a 6ft leash while on the property at all times. No exceptions.
We know it seems like a lot of rules, but we want to be able to offer people the chance to bring their well behaved dog. We appreciate your understanding and willingness to only bring your dog if you can abide by the pet rules.
NON ‘DNR APPROVED WOOD’ BURNING IS NOT ALLOWED
We now have DNR approved bundles of wood for sale for $5 on our property. If we are out, DNR Approved wood is available for purchase at both local gas stations as well as Super One Grocery store up the street. Please comply with this rule and be a good neighbor.
No unit has an oven. There is a mini-fridge, microwave and small plug-in stove top in every cabin. There is no mini-fridge or stovetops in the tents. Every tent has a private fire pit with a grill grate for campfire cooking. Every Cabin has a private grill and access to wood burning fire pits throughout the property.
Cuyuna Cove is a Non-smoking Property
If you smoke inside your accommodation, a minimum cleaning fee of $450.00 will be charged to your account. The non-smoking policy refers to cigarettes, cigars, cannabis, e-cigarettes, and burning of candles (other than candles we provide) or incense.
Cuyuna Cove is a hotel with specific rooms associated with each reservation. No pitched tents, easy ups, pop-up shades, or RVs are allowed on the property or in the parking lot.
Good Neighbor Policy
Quiet hours are from 10 PM to 8 AM. Amplified sound or music is not permitted. If you have a concern during business hours, please text your concern to 218-389-4087. If you have a noise complaint after the 10PM quiet hours, please call the local Crosby Police at 218-546-5137. If you have an emergency, please call 911.
Please be courteous to other guests around you. Loud, objectionable noise is not allowed at any time. Profanity, racism or violence will not be tolerated. Inconsiderate guests will be asked to leave immediately without a refund.
All rates are single or double occupancy. Must be 21 years old+ to book.
Cabins: Maximum of 3 guests (2 adults 1 child) per Cabin. 3 adults not permitted.
Safari Tents: 2 guest maximums (including children) and 4 guest maximums depending on tent selection. 4 guest maximums means 2 adults and up to 2 children. 4 adults not permitted in 1 tent.
The booking total cost and taxes will be charged to your credit card at time of booking.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
We accept all major credit cards. We do not accept cash or checks for deposits or payment of goods or services while at Cuyuna Cove
To guarantee your Cuyuna Cove cabin reservation, the fee of your total stay will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. You will receive an email confirmation once your reservation is complete. If you need to cancel your reservation, please email email@example.com before the deadlines listed below to receive your refund, minus a $50 cancellation fee. Text and social media notifications of cancellations are not acceptable. Cabins: 14 days cancellation notice required. Notify Cuyuna Cove by 4p.m. CST 14 days before your scheduled arrival. Reservations made after these deadlines will be non-refundable. Date or cabin changes to any reservation are not permitted. Cancellations made after deadlines will result in forfeiture payment. Holidays and special events may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements. Refunds not provided for inclement weather or ‘emergencies’. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Gift Cards: Cuyuna Cove is not responsible for lost gift card emails and cannot be redeemed for cash. Cabins booked on Airbnb will be held to the cancellation policy associated with that Airbnb booking. Please refer to your specific Airbnb reservation for cancellation information. Safari Tents: If booked on Airbnb, you will be held to the cancellation policy associated with that booking on Airbnb. Please refer to your Airbnb reservation for details on your cancellation policy.
Reservation Cancellation by Property
Cuyuna Cove reserves the right to cancel a reservation for any unforeseen reason. In the event a reservation cancellation on the part of Cuyuna Cove is deemed necessary, we will reschedule at guest’s request based on availability, or cancel and refund your reservation in full.
Minimum Stay Requirements
Most reservations require a 2-night minimum stay. Holiday and Event weekends may require a 3-plus minimum night stay.
Damage and Missing Items
Any damaged or missing items by you or your guests discovered in your accommodations, as a result of your stay at Cuyuna Cove, will be assessed and billed accordingly to your credit card.
Taxes and Fees
All accommodations are subject to applicable taxes based on the nightly room rate.
Changes in Offerings and Other Information
Amenities and services are subject to change without notice. Specific Unit numbers are not guaranteed and subject to change. We will do the utmost to fill specific requests.
Cuyuna Cove is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles. Report any problems with Cuyuna Cove immediately. We adhere to and maintain all state, county and local laws. The legal drinking age in Minnesota is 21 years. ID is required by all persons consuming alcoholic beverages.
Communications and Correspondence
By staying with us, you consent to receive marketing, promotional, and sales emails, as well as direct or automated emails regarding your stay with us. You may opt out of this correspondence at any time.
No campers, personal tents or tent like structures are allowed. The only tent sites we have are for our Canvas Tents.
Quiet hours are from 10 PM to 8 AM. Amplified sound or music is not permitted. If you have a concern during business hours, please text your concern to 218-389-4087. If you have a noise complaint after the 10PM quiet hours, please call the local Crosby Police at 218-546-5137. If you have an emergency, please call 911.
Upon booking I am agreeing to the following Liability Waver with its Terms and Conditions at Cuyuna Cove, LLC:
Liability Waiver – Terms and Conditions
14 days cancellation notice required
To guarantee your Cuyuna Cove cabin reservation, the fee of your total stay will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. You will receive an email confirmation once your reservation is complete. If you need to cancel your reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadlines listed below to receive your refund, minus a $50 cancellation fee. Text and social media notifications of cancellations are not acceptable. Cabins/Tents: 14 days cancellation notice required (all reservations are NON-Transferable to another person/party). Notify Cuyuna Cove by 4p.m. CST 14 days before your scheduled arrival. Reservations made within the 14 day deadlines will be non-refundable. Holidays and special events may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements. Refunds not provided for illness or inclement weather. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Cabins booked on Airbnb will be held to the cancellation policy associated with that Airbnb booking. Please refer to your specific Airbnb reservation for cancellation information. Canvas Glamping Tents: If booked on Airbnb, you will be held to the cancellation policy associated with that booking on Airbnb. Please refer to your Airbnb reservation for details on your cancellation policy.
By submitting a reservation request with Cuyuna Cove, you and all your guests agree to the Terms and Conditions outlined in this document.
Check-in time is 4PM. Check-Out time is 11AM.
All Rates subject to change without notice. All Rates subject to state and local taxes and a resort fee of 7%. Cold or inclement weather will not permit cancellations and refunds. Cuyuna Cove only handles bookings from persons over 21 years of age. Guests must be respectful of other guests on the site. Loud noise and nuisance will not be tolerated at any time and quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. Guests who are causing nuisance may be required to immediately leave Cuyuna Cove and will not be entitled to any refund. You will be responsible for any damages to your accommodations or furnishings during your stay.
Additionally, by booking your stay with Cuyuna Cove you are agreeing that Cuyuna Cove is not responsible for damage to your automobiles or belongings while at Cuyuna Cove and accepts no liability for any belongings left in the accommodations, your vehicles or on the property at any time. Cuyuna Cove is focused on water conservation. All property water comes from ground wells. Please be water conscious during your stay with us, and do not place anything other than toilet tissue in the system. Please remember you are staying in a forest camping environment with live animals and other hazards. Do not leave any food, regardless of packaging, outside of your accommodations or in your vehicle. Wood Burning is Not Allowed. DNR approved wood for burning ONLY. Additional DNR approved wood is available for sale at the local grocery store (Super One) or at the gas stations. You are welcome to burn charcoal and DNR approved wood, but due to local regulations and conditions, we are not permitted to burn wood or trash. At times, due to severe high fire danger or other local conditions circumstances may prohibit the use of fire pits or wood stoves.
Pet Policy Cuyuna Cove only allows dogs and service animals only. Well-behaved owners may accompany their dogs for an additional fee of $25 per night, 1 dog-maximum. Dog accommodations must be booked and paid for at the time of booking and the pet MUST BE ON THE RESERVATION. Dogs are not allowed on property without being on the booking.
1. Dogs must be kept on a maximum 6-foot leash at all times under owner supervision and may not be left unattended at any time.
2. Guests are responsible to “clean up” after their dog. All dog waste must be properly disposed of in a receptacle.
3. Noisy, vicious or unruly dogs are not allowed.
4. Cuyuna Cove is not responsible for, and will hold pet owners accountable, for any injury or damage caused by your dog. You will be charged for any damages including but not limited to: dogs being allowed on the bed, chewing, scratching, etc.
Indemnification: You shall indemnify and hold harmless Cuyuna Cove, its officers, managers, owners and employees from all claims, liability, and expenses, including but not limited to attorney and other professional fees, for injury to persons, dog bites, loss of control over your animal or your person, loss of life, or damage to property arising out of your stay at Cuyuna Cove.
I, the user of snowshoe or inflatable paddle board rental or sauna on the property (or any other rental) equipment and/or the parent or guardian of a minor or dependent who will use snowshoe/inflatable paddle board equipment (henceforth referred to as “the Lessee” “the Participant” and/or “I” or “me”) hereby enter into this binding Liability Release, Hold Harmless and Indemnity Agreement (henceforth referred to as “the Agreement”) upon booking my rental and stay at Cuyuna Cove.
1. I am an adult at least 21 years of age, or I am the parent/legal guardian of a minor or dependent Participant. I assume risk and responsibility for all conditions stipulated in this contract.
2. I am a competent swimmer, fully capable of operating and using the rental equipment in the manner intended, and that I understand the equipment’s use and function. I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, and I confirm that I am not under the influence of any substance or medication which may impair my ability to engage in these activities.
3. I understand it is required by law to have a personal flotation device (“Lifejacket”) while in and on the water. I hereby acknowledge that I have been provided with said Lifejacket. I understand that snowshoeing/kayaking/ (stand-up) paddle boarding and other water/outdoor activities should be undertaken after informing myself of the proper training and safety and that Cuyuna Cove, LLC (“the Lessor”) is not providing such training in connection with the rental of equipment. I assume full responsibility for deciding where, when, and with whom to snowshoe/kayak/paddle board. I also acknowledge and agree that the rental equipment provided by Cuyuna Cove, LLC is for the sole and exclusive use of the guests on the reservation and may not be used by any other person.
4. I understand that rental equipment is intended only for use in the Cuyuna Mine Lakes in Crosby, MN and its connecting waterways. Cuyuna Cove, LLC does not authorize the launching, or any use of rental equipment, from the drop-off/pick-up location(s) if outside of intended use area.
5. In consideration of being permitted to rent equipment, I agree to assume full responsibility for and risks, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating in water activities. I am aware that snowshoeing/biking/kayaking/ paddle boarding in open or closed water involves risks, dangers, and hazards, including but not limited to: physical exertion, inclement weather, capsizing of watercraft, immersion in water, tides and currents, hypothermia, hyperthermia, accidents or illness in remote areas, tripping or slipping on rocks, falling through thin ice, travel to/from site, other boats or boaters, equipment failure and malfunction, loss and/or damage to personal property, drowning, paralysis, or death. I acknowledge that Cuyuna Cove, LLC may fail to predict whether the water is safe for the activity, whether ice is thick enough to travel safely on, or whether a current, wave, or weather condition may occur.
6. Acknowledgement of Risks and Release: I understand that the activity for which I am renting equipment from Cuyuna Cove, LLC has inherent risks, hazards and dangers for anyone, which cannot be eliminated, particularly in a wilderness environment. I am voluntarily using the services if Lessor with full knowledge of this and hereby fully assume and accept any and all risks or injury, paralysis, or death.
7. I agree that rental equipment has been inspected by me for any defects or deficiencies. Acceptance or use of rental equipment by Lessee will be deemed to be an acknowledgement that the equipment is in good operating condition. Lessee has notified Lessor as to any defects or deficiencies with respect to the condition of the equipment or its accessories, and hereby acknowledges that the kayak/ paddle board, and its accessories, were received (and shall therefore be returned) in satisfactory working condition.
8. I acknowledge that I am financially responsible for any and all damages incurred during my rental. This includes any damages to private property, Cuyuna Cove, LLC, snowshoes, kayak, sauna, board, paddle, life jacket, fins and backpacks. I understand that my credit card will be charged for the total cost of repairs or I will be sent an invoice to be paid within 2 business days. I also acknowledge that Cuyuna Cove, LLC is not responsible for any property left stored, lost or transported by Lessee or any other person in, on, or upon rental equipment, or in or around Lessor’s property before, during, or after rental.
9. I will be responsible for the replacement, at full current value, and loss-of-use of any equipment rented under this form which is lost, stolen, damaged, or otherwise not returned to Cuyuna Cove, LLC. I agree to return all rental equipment by the agreed time and date or I shall incur a late fee.
10. Other than the obligations of Lessor expressly set forth herein, Lessor disclaims all warranties expressed or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In the event of a breach of this contract, Lessor shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages arising out of such a breach. In the event that any other term of this agreement is found unenforceable for any reason, or any exclusive remedy fails of its essential purpose, this provision of waiver by agreement of consequential and incidental damages shall continue in full force and effect. Should it be necessary for either part in this Agreement to bring legal action to enforce the terms of the Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and all costs of suit, mediation, or arbitration.
11. Cuyuna Cove, LLC reserves the right to terminate at any time the use of rental equipment if it is found that the Lessee is operating said equipment in a reckless manner, or in any way endangering the wellbeing of themselves or others.
12. Lessee has read and agreed to the terms of the Agreement, the terms of which are incorporated by reference herein, and states: “I, for myself or my child, my heirs, successors, executors and subrogates, hereby knowingly and intentionally waive and release, indemnify and hold harmless Lessor Cuyuna Cove, LLC, their agents, affiliates, employees and volunteers from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my, or my child’s, participation in this activity including, without limitations, negligence of any kind or nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of any damage, loss, injury, paralysis or death to me or my child as a result of engaging in the activities or use of the rental equipment, even without using a life jacket, whether or not such damage, loss, injury, paralysis or death results from negligence of Lessor or from some other cause, and I further agree not to sue Lessor as a result of any injury, paralysis, or death in connection with my use and participation in the activities of kayaking/ (stand up) paddle boarding.
13. I agree that the venue of any litigation regarding this Agreement shall be in Crow Wing County, and that Minnesota law shall govern the interpretation of this Agreement. I further agree to waive any right that I may have to have the matter tried by a jury and specifically agree that any trial will be held solely before a judge. If it is determined that this agreement is not valid for any reason, I agree that Cuyuna Cove, LLC liability and/or damages are limited to the total sum of $3,000. I further agree that if Cuyuna Cove, LLC is found liable for any sort of gross negligence or the like, that Cuyuna Cove, LLC liability and/or damages are limited to the total sum of $3,000.
If the Participant is a minor: I certify that, as a Parent or Legal Guardian with legal responsibility for the Participant, I have read and consent to his/her release and agree to indemnify, release, and hold harmless Cuyuna Cove, LLC, their agents, affiliates, employees and volunteers from and against any and all claims or liabilities which are brought by or on behalf of the minor, their heirs, siblings or parents, or are in any way incident to the child’s use or participation, to the fullest extent of the law.
In consideration of the services of Cuyuna Cove, LLC and Kelsey Braun, Chris Austin and their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, lessors and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Cuyuna Cove”), I hereby agree to release and discharge Cuyuna Cove on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that staying at Cuyuna Cove entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cuyuna Cove from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation this activity or my use of Cuyuna Cove facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Cuyuna Cove.
4. I further agree to relinquish and release all Cuyuna Cove lessors, their officers, employees, and guests from all claims which the undersigned may have or hereafter accrue arising out of any occurrence upon or related to the premises of lessor upon which activity occurs.
5. Should Cuyuna Cove or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
6. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions, which would interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition. By booking my reservation with Cuyuna Cove I have agreed and I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Cuyuna Cove on the basis of any claim from which I have released him or her herein.
I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understand it and I agree to be bound by its terms.
I AGREE UPON BOOKING TO THE POLICIES ABOVE
Staying in a Canvas Glamping tent is an elevated camping experience. However, it is still camping in Minnesota so there will be possible encounters with critters and/or bugs. However, we pride ourselves in creating an incredible MN guest experience by treating the entirety of our 3 acre property 2-3x a Summer for mosquitos. Our guests rave about it!
Our tents are set up on wood deck platforms in the woods to prevent the tents from being directly on the ground
Distance Between Tents:
Distance varies. On average, 20ft apart
Spacious 14x16ft for floor size with 5ft walls, 7.5″ft door height and the center of the tent reaching 9.8ft high
Approximately 14ft x 4ft
Made with heavy duty 10.10oz army duck cotton canvas and a water repellant, UV and mold resistant finish
Double stitched seams, reinforced corners and a heavy duty frame built with galvanized aluminum poles.
Storm door and 3 layer storm windows for protection against elements
Standard bug mesh on all doors and windows to prevent bugs from entering along with treating the surrounding area to reduce tick/bugs.
Proprietary shock-absorbing bungee cords to stand up to harsh weather conditions (Crosby City Hall (3 min drive) provides shelter during extreme storms)
Free floating 16oz PVC groundsheet for durability and to allow for strict CDC cleanings between guests